Since I consider my birthday the official start of my personal New Year, I spend the time leading up to the big day reflecting.
This year, I have come up with a list of things that are irritating or inefficient, or just plain in my way.
The very first thing on the list was the way my big dog carried on anytime I went near my chicken coop. The barking, the frenzy of it all was just taking all enjoyment away from tending to my hens!
So, I bought myself a little gift, a remote training collar. YES! Now for those who are not familiar with a training collar, you are able to give your dog a warning when he is doing something wrong. If he ignores your warning, you are able to deliver an electrical stimulation. This collar has a range of electrical corrections ranging on a scale of 1-10. PERFECT solution for problem #1. The dog is very smart and learned within the first 5 minutes! The electrical correction does not even need to be delivered, he hears the tone, he changes course!
Starting this year, I am going to try and listen for a "tone" when I am about to make a move or decision. Just like my dog, if I hear the "tone" I am going to pause and consider my actions before charging ahead.
I am going to do my best this year to avoid the necessity of the ZAP!
No comments:
Post a Comment