
Part of the reason we are apprehensive of something new is the fear of the unknown.
I know that I am a creature of habit, I like to know what to expect, and I love to have some control, (ok--lots of control) of the situation and the outcome.
Yesterday, the dogs and I went out on our usual morning walk. They didn't notice that I hung my jacket on a post on our driveway. The reason, of course, was that the day was far too beautiful to be all bundled up on a walk. ( Oh, and that I was to lazy to walk back up to the house to put the jacket away.) Anyway, we went on our merry way. When we returned to the driveway, both dogs were startled to see the jacket hanging on the post. They approached it with caution. Once they got all the information they needed (sniff, touch, look, listen), they began wagging their tails again and got on with their busy day.
I have been researching some options that I may write about later. Yesterday was a big information gathering day for me. I have to say I have been dreading a decision because, yes, I did not have enough information to satisfy myself. I found myself being fearful of moving ahead. Yesterday, I approached the situation with caution (and trepidation). I was able to gather the information that I needed (much like the dogs...sniff, touch, look, listen, oh and ask).
I can honestly say that I have the answers I need and feel ready to decide. I feel more confident and calm about this. I know I am being a bit cryptic, but that is how it's gotta be for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment