All around my yard today are things that remind me of her, most especially my beautiful Bleeding Heart plant. I am including a photo of it. Grandma had so many of those in her backyard. I vividly remember going with Gram when she cut a bouquet of bleeding hearts to carry across the street to Grandpa's grave. She did that often. It chokes me up now just thinking of it and it happened so many years ago. Grandpa died while they both were quite young and Grandma never re-married, nor did she ever even date.
Gram was a great old-fashioned lady. She never even drove a car. ( I suppose that was a man's duty.)
Recently, I acquired a couple of Gram's Hummel figurines. Now, Hummels, really never meant that much to me. I knew of them, but the never really struck a chord with me. However, I unwrapped these figurines and there are two that really will be my tribute to Gram. They are a young boy and a young girl. Both have gardening tools. I look at them and they make me happy.
I also unwrapped some of Gram's glassware. What happened next was extraordinary. The glassware, or the paper in which it was wrapped smelled like Gram's house! Believe it, or not, I sat for a while, smelling the glassware and thinking of Gram.
I love to garden. Thanks, Gram
I love to bake. Thanks again, Gram
I love to take care of my home and family.
Thanks, Gram!
I miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment