Friday, April 16, 2010

Sisterhood

There really is nothing like a sisterhood network.

I have turned 30 and that was no big deal. Sometime after that, I turned 40. Right around that birthday, I had two small children and was too busy to worry about it. Then came 50. ACK! I was dreading it like no other birthday. EVER.

There were some angels in my life though. They were looking after me. Good friends, women who understood what 50 was going to feel like. One woman had already "survived" her transition into the fifties and one woman who will entering the half century mark in a couple of years.

Both of these friends eased my passage into this age. Both listened, understood, and gave me the gift of their friendship, understanding, and time. After my visits with them, I felt better. They cared, they helped, they li
stened. Both went out of their way to make time for me.

Women and men approach these things differently. Since I am the lone woman in my household, sometimes I don't feel understood. To have had these ladies make this day special will never be forgotten. I think I accept this now, feel settled, and can look ahead.

Thanks, you two will never know what a difference you made. OH WAIT! Yes you will, I am going to be sure to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment