Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This Side of the Dirt

Ok, well, I survived the big 5-0 yesterday, mostly like pretending it wasn't happening. It was pretty much a normal day around here. But this morning, I realized that in the days before my birthday, I was going to take some time to plan what I thought would be the perfect day. When yesterday was over, I realized that I ended up doing what I always do anyway....does that mean that I am living my perfect life? Is it the way things are supposed to be right now? I suppose so.

The title for today's entry comes from my discussion with my husband before my 50th birthday arrived. He commented "Well, at least you are this side of the dirt!" Uh huh, can't argue that.

But speaking of this side of the dirt, the peas that I planted a week ago are also this side of the dirt! AND, right now, we are FINALLY getting a much-needed spring rain. Things are good, yes, even when you are looking at them through 50 year old eyes. (visually corrected with no-line bifocals)

No comments:

Post a Comment