Today is truly a "Bluebird Day"! I have heard the expression used to describe a day with perfect weather. Today sure is that! No wind, clear, blue sky, and comfortable temperatures. This, coupled with the fact that I made my first venture out to check the bluebird trail that I am tending this year is what makes that description so true!
The nest box in my yard (pictured here) now has FIVE eggs, as do most of the nest boxes along the trail. All totalled, there are 44 eggs on the trail!
Last year, I met my friend, Murph, who introduced me to the fun of "Bluebirding". Murph is seventy years old and wildly passionate about this bluebird hobby! In fact, it's part of his trail that I am tending. He is legendary in the county where we live and I am fortunate to know him. He works hard and truth be told, he is hard to keep up with. I hope that I am like Murph when I grow up! It's nice to see a mature person in great shape with hobbies that keep him busy!
Like my dad used to say when we were kids: "May the Bluebird of happiness fly up your nose!" Today, I am pretty sure one did! tee hee! :>
No comments:
Post a Comment