Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday, Monday

It is time to get back into the weekday routine: school, baseball, packing lunches, running around, collapsing into bed, and then getting up really early to do it all again. At least this is a "4 day week"!

The weekend went by quickly. The oldest kid ran in his first 5K, and loved it. His friend wiped out at the finish line, so as I gawked at that, I missed getting a picture of my kid crossing the line! (Of course). In fact, the oldest came through wearing something other than what he started in, so I missed him COMPLETELY. I became worried watching people straggle in and finally a woman walked across the line stating that she was LAST! I didn't think that my kid would be last so I went off into the crowd to find him.

I found him and his very bandaged friend under the picnic shelter. The friend was wearing shorts and a t shirt and he had goose bumps all over and his skin was a shade of light blue. I took both the 5kers to the car to warm up. It was a good run, they had fun. I am afraid that the kid is going to want to make this a HABIT!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment