*Sigh* I am at a crossroad here. It is time for me to decide whether to work harder or to throw in the towel.
What to do? Which road to take?
In a way, I got a hint last evening, which suddenly hit me this morning. On my way home from town, I saw a bit larger than basketball sized (imagine a flat basketball) snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentina) making her way across a busy street in town. There are many reasons that a snapping turtle will not get across the road. One is just by virtue of who she is. People are afraid of them and for some reason just don't like them very much. There are drivers who will run them over. Not me, I have a soft spot for them. Yes, I like and respect a snapping turtle.
I stopped the car, picked her up by the tail and moved her across the road. Her tail was cool, dry, and looked almost prehistoric. She never even snapped. I think she was surprised to be lifted off the ground. Oddly, when I got back in the car, the feel of that tail lingered on my hand. Not sure how many people saw me do it. Pretty sure that many would think I was crazy.
Anyway, the more I thought of it, she reminded me of myself.
(I did not take a picture, just found this on the web.)

No comments:
Post a Comment