Saturday, September 3, 2011

Take a Little Piece of My Heart

Ok, I will admit it.  I am a softy.  I try not to be, I try to be tough, but there are things that tug at my heart when I least expect it.  For instance, a certain little feral kitty that tumbled into my life recently.  The whole time I was trying to help her be healthy, I told the vet and the people at the vet's office that no, I do not even want a cat, especially this little beast.  I was just trying to help a little one who needed it.So I did just that.  I helped a little helpless beast for almost one month.  Sometimes it felt like it was hopeless and other times, there were little glimmers of hope.
Well today was the pay off.  The little kitty who would have been just a little dust pile alongside the road by now is well on her way to being a spoiled, much-loved pet. I let her go today to people who I have no doubt will love her as much as I ended up loving her.  I let her go with one big kiss and yes, tears.  Tears for a kitty who was brought back from the brink.  The tears were more out of happiness and relief that all the time I spent mattered. And that my efforts helped her become a healthy, mischevious, zippy kitten.

 Hey little Honey Badger, little Marguerita, thanks for spending time with me in August. You are my kind of scrappy girl. You made me happy.  Now, go and make your new people happy.  You lucked out little thing. Be a good girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment