Dog Groomer!
I have been given an opportunity to become a Dog Groomer at a great shop in town. I began by getting my feet wet (literally) last Thursday while filling in for one of the owners as a dog bather. I loved it. There were many breeds and all of them were sweet.
I was looking forward to yesterday (Monday) the first day when I had 2 appointments booked that were to be my first dog clients.
It did not look good when they walked in. They were first time clients, a new puppy, and a fearful young dog. These were obviously dogs that would do best with an experienced hand. Add to that, I had NO earthly idea what the client and the owner of the shop were discussing as far as what the lady expected to be done with these dogs. *sigh*
The morning rolled as a true Monday morning, hectic and hairy. I was assigned two sweet little dogs. One of them was a cute little white poodle and one a stout little yorkie.
It took all day. For some reason, I could NOT get the clippers to clip, the poodley dog kept spinning around on the table, and everyone else was so busy, I was afraid to bother them.
Soon, I had to leave to walk my regular clients and the whole way out and back, I was so upset. I almost had to cry. I have no idea why it was taking so long or what I was doing wrong. At least "my" dogs were scheduled to be there all day.
Ack. By the end of the day, I figured that I made about $2 an hour.
I am scheduled again this evening. I am going to try and go in there with the confidence I thought I had. I am so hoping that I do what I know I can do. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment