This is the week. The anniversary of the accident that took my "little" brother away from our family. It's always a difficult time of year.
Last year, I posted a story about a Bald Eagle that visited me in town while I was walking one of my clients' dogs.
This year, another stopped by again.
He wasn't flying over head. He wasn't in town. But he did stop to say hi.
It was an early Sunday morning. I was zooming around in my car, as usual. I was on the way to the grocery store, as usual. The countryside was not awake yet. It was an unusually quiet morning.
The cornfields have already been harvested. I was admiring the golden wheat color that all the fields were wearing. I remember thinking what a great color that would be for a wall and how in the world I would be able to describe it or find it in a paint store.
Suddenly, in one of the fields, there he stood, near the side of the road. A beautiful bald eagle. He looked directly at my car as I was going by.
No comments:
Post a Comment