Happy New Year! (just a little late). For many reasons, today I am thinking about technology. As I write, it is Sunday. I have just gone through the Sunday newspaper and as usual, I just shake my head after reading the Best Buy Ad. I love to use all the new gadgets, it takes a while, but once I learn how, I like new electronics.
I came to the realization a couple of years ago that Technology has really left me behind. I think it started when MP3 players came along. (what?) Ipod, Ipad, Smart phones, please. I remember vividly the day my husband won an Ipod from work. He called to ask me what they even were! I had no idea, by the way. Eventually, we gave up and ended selling it on Ebay for a nice chunk of change. As a side note, I actually had my cousin sell it for me, because Ebay was a mystery, as well.
Back to the Best Buy ad....every thing I see in it is just a rectangular, flat, black plastic box. Even when my parents bought some new little TV for their kitchen, I wondered where the rest of it was. I grew up with console TVs, and big HI-Fi stereos that were in furniture cabinets! (go ahead, laugh)
Well, I am the proud owner of a NOOK reading tablet which I use to download occasional library books. I don't ever plan to "buy" anything to put on it. Furthermore, I need to admit that I much prefer going to an actual library. I go to the library about once a week, by the way, and it is still the treat I thought it was way back when I used to ride my bike to the library during the summer when I lived in North St. Paul!
And now, back to the subject of my NOOK. I have lost the cable which connects it to my computer and therefore I now own one of those black, flat, plastic boxes which I see in the Best Buy ad. Today I am launching a search effort. It will be much more useful if I ever find that darn cable!
No comments:
Post a Comment