Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Tribute to Pets-Love Has Fur

Yesterday, I had the privilege of standing in for a pet owner.  A new client gave the care of her pets to me.  She had four elderly, sweet kitties.  One of those kitties was in the end stages of his life.  While they were away, he passed on.

Technically, I was not scheduled to visit the day they were to arrive home, but I knew that this kitty was not long for this world and thought I had better stop in the morning.  Sadly, when I arrived the home was very quiet.  Since he was the cat that was always the first to greet me, I knew that he was gone.

He had lived a good, long life with people who loved him very much. 

It is so hard to say good bye to a pet that has given so much.  But everytime this happens, I know that the reason this is so difficult is simply because the pet has brought so much to life of his/her people.  As I spent the day thinking of this kitty, it ocurred to me that when a pet is gone, he does not take all the love with him.  He leaves it with us. In doing so, he lives in our hearts.

Each day, no matter what is happening in our hectic lives, our pets stand by and provide something constant.

If you ask me, I will tell you that love comes in packages of many shapes, sizes, and temperaments.

If you ask me, I will tell you,  Love has fur.

Rest peacefully, old friend.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment