Tuesday, August 11, 2020

the Swan

It's been a week since our kitty was put to rest.
I suddenly realized that the swan in the pond to the south of our home is gone, too.

I will back up a little bit.
All summer long there has been a lone swan sitting in the small pond to the south of the house.  He was visible every time I looked out the window.  Ever since the kitty has been gone, so has the swan.
I remember hearing the swan leave, but I didn't look up at him, nor do I remember exactly which day it was.  Was the swan a spirit that is guiding to the final resting place?  I don't know.  I am going to believe it is.

Every time I see a swan, I will know it was you, my dear sweet siamese kitty.  Rest in peace and thank you for giving me such happiness.  I hope you enjoyed your beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment