Saying good bye.
Personally, I do not say good bye until I know it's the last time I will see someone. Usually, it's "See you later" or some phrase like that. To me, good bye implies such finality.
But yesterday, it was indeed Good Bye.
Good bye to my husband's dad. He was finally able to be at peace after the last unpleasant months of his life. He was fading away with dementia The family had to move him to a Memory Care living place in May of 2015. It was really a fancy nursing home, I guess.
We were called last Sunday, Jan 24, because Hospice Care had determined the end was near. On Thursday, Jan 28, he passed away. He was released from his pain and confusion at last.
So good bye, my dear father-in-law. May peace finally be with you.
God speed, GMGP.
No comments:
Post a Comment