Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Plus ten....

I have been searching for a dog to add to the household.
I think.
I have enjoyed the small dog which I have had for a year and a half, but since he is a rescue, he does have some issues.  He is definitely NOT a perfect dog, but he fits in here.  My husband reminds me that I did not raise this dog and that is why he has some behavioral quirks.  He sure does.
He is a walking list of Pros and Cons, that is for sure.  On the up side, he is perfectly housebroken and usually doesn't bother the cat.  He is smart and polite for the most part.  I won't list his flaws, and I am sure he would not list mine, none of us is perfect.




Now, ever since I lost my dog Bravo, unexpectedly, I have had a great sadness.  He has been gone since October 2016.  I have wasted lots of time on the internet, I have wasted lots of days with this stupid back pain, and I have been searching for something.  I tentatively thought about a brand new little poodle pup.  I had an adult tiny poodle here ONE day around Christmas time. I got him as another used dog, but he attacked Spanky TWICE....full out, no hesistation.  I returned him to the rescue.  I did not want to deal with it.  In retrospect, that wasn't fair to the little guy.  I looked into little poodle puppies at a kennel near my home.  Fortunately, that was right in the middle of planning our visit to Arizona, so I delayed buying one.  I thought I would continue with the process, once I returned. Better yet, I had hoped that the idea would pass.  The winter is long here in MN and one searches for bright spots where one can find them! Anyway, in the meantime, I found a litter of...wait for it....Standard Poodle pups in Owatonna.  

I tried to resist them.  Lots of reasons NOT to get a puppy.  Especially a large breed again. But, I buckled and offered to buy Bronn. He will be 12 weeks old when I get him after work, this week, on Friday. 

I don't know what I was thinking.  Long ago, I decided I do not have the patience for a puppy.  They are usually so stupid.  They need to learn EVERYTHING.  It's hard to teach a baby dog to be an acceptable household member in the human world.  That, and I do not have a tub big enough to bathe him.   We'll see what happens.  I sure hope this was the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment