Monday, October 31, 2016

Out of the Darkness

There are times in a person's life that things seem hopeless.  There are times of great sadness.  I have been through one of these times most recently after the loss of my beloved companion of 9 1/2 years, Bravo.

I forgot what it was like to be without the steady companionship of a loyal dog.  I was reminded in a very harsh way on October 9th when a sudden, unexpected health issue took Bravo away from me.  In the days that followed, I developed a terrible cough, fever, and cold.  The following weeks felt like a dream.  I was existing, that is all.

One day, as I was beginning to recover from the illness, my husband asked me if I would ever have another dog.  I answered by saying that I really didn't need one.   To which, he said to me, "I disagree."  We talked a while and I began to look around.

 As much as I love big dogs (I have always had large dogs), I thought about looking at little dogs.  The first little guy I saw that caught my eye on Petfinder.com, was a splashy little black and white poodle mix.  So, I thought, I will apply for this little dog and just go have a look at him.

The story that brought me together with this little guy is long and interesting and filled with what I believe to be some sort of destiny.

He's here.
He's a good dog.
He has big paws to fill.
I hope that Bravo's spirit has found a way to be here in this little dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment