Saturday, July 30, 2016

Surfacing!

Surfacing.

What do I mean by that?  I liken my current situation to coming to the surface of the water after being underneath for a very long time.  Not just underneath the water, but immersed in very murky, cloudy water (kind of like my pool the last couple of years....).  I have been weighed down and just floundering for years.  I am now trying to streamline and shed some of the should-do obligations to only the things I want to do. 

Lately, I have had no uninterrupted free time. Any space was always filled with favors for others.  While I like to help, and I like to make my friends and family happy, I have realized there is a line between been relied upon and being taken advantage of.  I want time for my family and for myself, so I have been shedding the excess obligations in order to be able to live the life I want.

I found this quote on Brainy Quotes, and it sums things up nicely:



And so, now, that is what I am in the process of doing.  I am resigning with a good grace all the things that I am not to make way for the next stage of my life.  Some will be disappointed, and that is ok, they will make do.  As for me, it is time to live a life without so many hectic and frantic times.  To visit friends, to take care of my own. To live and love without distraction.  These are the things I am looking forward to.




No comments:

Post a Comment