Friday, April 22, 2016

Dancing at Dairy Queen

Birthday week.   sigh.  It's easy to feel melancholy about aging.  However, really, it beats the alternative, doesn't it?

With that in mind, and after a battle royale with my youngest regarding some lies I have been hearing from him, I decided that a little birthday stop for a treat at DQ might just be in order.

I stopped and asked the drive up screen if by chance the banana cream pie blizzard was available. The voice on the other end sounded very happy and, from what I could tell, yes, that particular blizzard was available.  At least I think that is what I heard.  The sound cut out about every two words or so.....
As I drove ahead, I wondered how much it would cost, as that part of the voice's speech was obscured by static.

Anyway, I got to the drive up window and looked inside.  There was an incredibly perky girl whipping up a DQ specialty.  She was busting out some very good dance moves to some music that she heard in the store.  Her long pony tail was bouncing up and down.  To my surprise, that was my blizzard she was creating!  As she brought it to the window, she was smiling from ear-to-ear.  She gave me the blizzard and I asked if DQ employees could accept tips.  I gave her a tip and told her that she was having lots of fun and that I hoped her day continued that way.  She said thank you and that the music was good, so she couldn't help but dance.

As she shut the window and turned away, I heard her exclaim to her co workers "I JUST GOT A TIP"!  Well, you deserved it, happy DQ girl.  I hope all your teen aged days are as happy and carefree as you looked that day.  I want to borrow some of your attitude and I vow to try.

By the way, it was the MOST delicious banana cream pie blizzard I have ever had!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment