I confess, I LOVE to mow the lawn! After a long Minnesota winter, it feels so good to me to get back on the riding mower and take care of the yard.
Mowing season came late this year, in fact, we are still waiting for a nice sunny stretch of weather. Somehow the grass is growing, so it does need a good trim!
A few weeks before it was time to cut grass....the official "kick off" to summer, if you will, the man brought home a zero turn lawn machine.
Do you even know what that is? It is a man's dream lawn attacking machine.(It is important to note that I said a man's dream machine.) Since the lawn has traditionally been my domain, I decided to try the TORO. It was a failure. I can't do it. The machine goes really fast, so you could finish your lawn work lickety-split. The ONLY catch is this, I can't figure it out. It's like a giant bucking bronco video game. *big sigh* I have visions of being bucked off the thing and then running over myself. It is controlled like a skid steer, which, to me, is construction equipment and WAY above my pay grade!
It will take lots of practice for me to ever be able to use this thing. On the bright side, if I ever master it, maybe I can operate other heavy equipment!?
And just to prove my point, the men in the household think it is the best thing ever! :)
I am clinging to the old Sears riding mower for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment