Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Tiny Spirit-A Big Heart

Look at this little girl, I found her frozen with fear in the middle of a country road.  She was frozen with fear as the car ahead of me "straddled" her .  I stopped and shooed her off the road and went on my way.  When I came back by, 2 hours later, she was still huddled in the exact place I left her.   Yes, I picked her up.  For the past two weeks, I have been caring for her getting her ready to go for a check up at a veterinarian, which if she passed, would give her a chance to go to the new home I thought I had located for her.  Oh, oh, yep, THOUGHT I had found her a home.  ONE day before she was to have her check up, one of her eyes turned another color, brown.  Upon closer examination, the eye was bleeding.  I brought her in and came home "lighter in the pocket" with a bag full of drops and potions that I hoped would be the answer to getting her back to health.  She is suffering lots of complications and it looks like she may not be a healthy kitten.  (DUH, which is why she was just sitting there in the road)  I am doing the best I can to give the little "Honey Badger" a chance.  She is taking two steps backward and one step forward in her journey towards health.  There is a good chance that if she even lives, she will lose the eye.  This weekend will probably give me my answer as to whether she will be able to survive.  *sigh* HOW do I get into these kinds of situations.  I know better than this...

No comments:

Post a Comment