
Love Story:
The usual Summer flocks and families of geese inhabited our lake. We watched them grow and learn to forage, and eventually fly as they became stronger.
We couldn't help notice one lone goose, by her self all Summer. About 3 weeks ago, all geese flew to the cornfields to eat and gain weight for the Fall fly away. Except the one loner, she decided to stay on our dock , forage around the shore and eat grass on our frontage.We gave her the name 'Lucy".
The usual Summer flocks and families of geese inhabited our lake. We watched them grow and learn to forage, and eventually fly as they became stronger.
We couldn't help notice one lone goose, by her self all Summer. About 3 weeks ago, all geese flew to the cornfields to eat and gain weight for the Fall fly away. Except the one loner, she decided to stay on our dock , forage around the shore and eat grass on our frontage.We gave her the name 'Lucy".
Everyday she would sit on the dock, in the sun, rest, swim and eat, it became pitiful to watch as we feared she was injured. (That was not the case,as we investigated)The next problem.would be that she stayed until lake froze and would be trapped.
Yesterday afternoon, a lone gander showed up and Lucy swam out to meet him! They swam together off into the cattails, hopefully to a successful life and migration. There is a GOD!
M
M
I love this story. I am happy that dad emailed me this note and I hope it's ok with him that I posted it! He has photos of this goose sitting on the dock and I am waiting for him to send one to me to include in this blog post! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment